NEW YEAR PLANNING |
It’s time to check in again on the goals you made for last year, and start planning for this year.
This is the part that can be scary for small business owners. The reality check on what was done. When it comes to your marketing activities, …
- What worked this past year?
- What didn’t?
- Have your target markets shifted?
- If you’re a networker, did you get in front of the people you wanted to meet?
I like to go through this list at the end of every year to see what I want to shift for the upcoming year. For example, I used to belong to a variety of networking groups. At some point I realized they really weren’t my target market, or I had reached my saturation point. I had gotten as much business out of them as I likely could.
As a result, a couple years ago I decided not to renew any memberships, but to one-off different groups. I found this strategy really freeing! I didn’t feel obligated to go to anything, and was more selective about the group and/or the content speaker. And I found new groups that were very successful for me.
- Does it need more time to prove itself out? This is true of many online marketing activities, it can take awhile to build awareness.
- Has it met realistic expectations?
- Make a list of what you’ll shift this year.
One of the toughest things for us all to do is to get out of our own head about our business. Please let me help you with this with a Complimentary Strategy Session. No obligation. If there’s anything I can help you with, we’ll meet again to look at a proposal.