From a marketing standpoint, it can only help. So here are some pointers, and see the next post for how I’m getting ‘liked’.
What to post:
- Links to content on your website, preferably your blog (excellent seo)
- Links to good content on other websites
- Something light or more personal to help develop engagement
- Comment, like and share other posts (remember, it’s not all about you)
How to write a post:
• Introduce it with a non-sales-ey sentence or two.
Before: Click now for this awesome thing on my website! Share with your friends!
After: Here’s something new that might help or interest you
• Include the link and have a picture if possible.
I saw some statistics recently that says most people are engaging in social media in the evenings and on weekends. And then I saw another one that said they’re not around then. Either way, you can either schedule your posts through hootsuite.com. I’m not utilizing that right now, I don’t really like the hootsuite tag on those posts, although I’m not sure people even notice it.